Monday, January 6, 2014
Friend Makin' Monday 1-6-14
I'm so glad my blogging friend Kenlie at www.alltheweigh.com has continued "Friend Makin' Monday"- a great way to get to know other bloggers out there! The idea is to answer some questions on your own blog, and then post a comment on Kenlie's blog so others can connect with you. Here's are this week's questions:
1. What has been your happiest moment in 2014 so far? So many great memories already! Reconnecting with my two very best friends over lunch and a movie - spending time with my family in Minneapolis - a snow (cold) day and a half of extra vacation before the second half of the school year.
2. Share the last compliment you received. I posted a pic on Facebook that had some really sweet comments on it.
3. What is one thing that you plan to accomplish in the next week? I want to make sure to pack healthy lunches for work each day this week.
4. What is your favorite TV show currently on air? Call the Midwife, Scandal, and Parenthood (Apparently I'm having difficulties limiting myself to one answer today!)
5. If you could go anywhere in the world free for the next two weeks, where would you go? No question - a villa in the Virgin Islands. It's really my happy place!
6. Describe a significant event in your life that caused you to change your value system. Movingg away from my support system and community for a new job. It really reminded me of how IMPORTANT and BLESSED I am to have so many amazing people in my life, and how much support they give me!
7. What made you decide to live where you currently live? I really moved only for a job opportunity. It is farther away from my family and friends, but sometimes you have to do what you have to do!
8. What is the first thing that comes to mind when you thing about GOD? How much I need to reconnect and find a church home.
9. If you could have a long conversation with someone famous (and alive now) who would you choose? Jennifer Knapp- she has been my music idol forever, and her insight always makes me think a lot.
10. List three things that you are thankful for today.
- Snow day = time to catch up on the phone with friends
- A late start tomorrow which gives me time to finish the lesson planning I need to complete
- Words of encouragement that surround me and tell me that I CAN DO IT!
Don't forget to do this on your own blog and comment on Kenlie's website!
Posted by Jen at 5:35 PM