Monday, March 3, 2014
Guess What DAY it is? Friend Makin' Monday!
It is absolutely amazing how much Friend Makin' Monday really "makes" my Monday (get it? ok, a little corny, but I couldn't resist!) I was just finishing some lesson plans at school and thinking, "Man, I really hope there's a new FMM up, I could sure use a pick-me-up!"
If you are not familiar with FMM, the idea is to answer the 10 questions posted on Sarah's blog - Losing Weight and Having Fun - and then leaving a comment on her blog so we can get to know fellow bloggers better! Mad props to Kenlie at All the Weigh for starting FMM and entrusting it to Sarah while she takes a break!
Ok, here are the questions this week:
1. What is your all time favorite movie?
Wow...ok, here we go- Finding Nemo, Pursuit of Happyness, Rent, Frozen (currently obsessed), Enchanted, Mona Lisa Smile, Captain Phillips, Argo, - and about 100 others.
2. Who is your favorite actor and actress?
Tom Hanks and Julia Robert/Emma Thompson/Sandra Bullock
3. What is the first movie you ever saw at the cinema?
I remember seeing The Little Mermaid - not sure if that was the first, but definitely the first I have any recollection of.
4. Did you watch The Oscars last night?
Yep, and it was one of my favorites so far. Ellen kept me laughing, some great musical performances, and they made me really want to see more of this year's nominated movies.
5. How many of the Best Picture nominations did you watch and which did you enjoy the most?
I only saw Gravity and Captain Phillips, but really wished Captain Phillips won - I thought that film was amazing.
6. What did you think of Ellen hosting The Oscars?
Ellen just makes me happy. I absolutely wish I could watch her show every day, because her outlook on life and humor is just fantastic. Great selfie - loved the pizza and good witch costume, and c'mon, she BROKE Twitter! That absolutely never happens!
7. If you had the chance to play a part in any movie, what would it be?
Something in a musical - not necessarily a lead, but just to be a part of it, even if it was just backup vocals, would be fantastic.
8. Is there a movie you have watched that was so bad that you have either walked out of the cinema or turned it off?
Yes. I honestly can't remember the titles of the two movies I've seen that I've walked out on, but they were so bad (most have blocked it from my memory?)
9. What do you think of 3D and IMAX movies? Are they worth the extra money?
Meh, ok. A lot of the movies that are especially effective in 3D are a lot of action films (not a big fan). Now, some of Disney's stuff, Alice in Wonderland, for example, are fun in 3D (and sometimes even push a movie from the so-so ranking to good).
10. What was the last movie you saw at the cinema?
Saving Mr. Banks (good movie!)
Ok, your turn! If you are a blogger, head on over to Losing Weight and Having Fun and link up your answers!
Posted by Jen at 7:40 PM